We got more than enough moisture yesterday! Rain all day, then freezing rain. Only the ducks enjoy that stuff. 30 degrees always seems colder when it follows 3 days of 60 degree weather. No matter what the weather man says, mother nature says warmer weather is on the horizon, and that is what we have our sights set on. We work hard all year to gear up customers for that magical 5-10 day planting window. The one opportunity to get it right the first time. We are down to the final few planters to service and install for the spring season, and that is a great feeling. Although some parts have been tough to come by, we are loaded up with a lot of products. This weekend we head to Columbus Ohio for the only trade show of the season. Be sure to find us.
Have a great weekend and feel free to call 419-953-8500.
How the "Talkin Shed" Video Series Started
Today our YouTube channel has reached 811 subscribers, which when compared to the big shots, Millennial Farmer, Larson Farms, and others is a small feat. But for us, we are very appreciative of each and every follower and everyone who has watched and followed along in our video journey. We started shooting videos 5 years ago as a way to show farmers what exactly we do, but we never really knew what to call it. Jeff Wherley from Yetter Manufacturing said "just keep it real and name it the Talkin Shed", and it stuck every since. A place farmers can go to hopefully learn new things and to follow along with what we do. Social media is an amazing tool to be multiple places at once. This week The Talkin Shed got its own Logo and video intro, so be sure to keep tuning into the Talkin Shed.
Do You Challenge Yourself Each Planting Season?
This may seem like an odd question, but with so many tillage practices, planter attachments, agronomy tips out there, you have to try some of them each year to help steer your future decision making. For example, try certain tillage tools, try a row of row cleaners, cut soybean populations. Each year, I talk to farmers who set aside a few acres as test plots to try new things and challenge their operation. Here are 5 things we have seen farmers try.
- Cut back soybean seeding rates. No matter what rate you are planting, set aside a couple passes and cut the rate by 20,000 and see what you find!
- Try residue managers on your soybean planter. These allow for less seedbed prep, better germination, and lower planting populations.
- No-Till soybeans into cornstalks. Keep population the same, just skip disking pass.
- Custom hire a Y drop applicator. Skip the sidedress and have a neighbor apply N at shoulder height.
- Strip Till: Have a neighbor or rent a strip till unit to run this spring on 10 acres. Note emergence, plant health and overall yield.
New YouTube Videos This Week
We are continuing to add new and fresh content every week to keep our customers engaged with what we are up to. Enjoy these recent videos. We currently have 817 YouTube subscribers, help us reach 900 by subscribing today!
Click Here to See Our Youtube Channel
- Enduraplas 365 EcoLite
- 60’ Boom 3 Point Valmar Seeder
- What's New At Our Olena, OH Location
- Watch a Tank Install on a 1990 Drill
What Are We Up To? Assemblies & Installs
Used Items This Week
Just In: Sunflower 1434 Heavy duty disk. This 29' Unit has been well kept, and is field ready. Equipped with a rear hitch and single bar harrow.
Call 419-953-8500 for more information!